MagSi-Beads for microfluidics & Automation
Microfluidics deals with the precise control and manipulation of fluids that are geometrically constrained to a small, typically sub-millimeter, scale. In the field of molecular biology the whole DNA extraction, amplification and detection process can be integrated on a chip. This not only simplifies the process for end-users, but also implies a significant cost reduction per preparation. Miniaturized setups even allow for the development and implementation of multiplexed assays (e.g. qPCR). Faster protocols are possible due to the shorter reaction steps and/or quicker separation times. Eventually, portable devices can (and will) be developed with direct application for point-of-care diagnostics.
MagSi-DNA mf and MagSi-DNA mf COOH are special ferrimagnetic, silica beads, developed for use in microfluidic and chip-based genomic setups. They can be applied for the extraction of nucleic acids within the confined spaces and channels of DNA-chips. When desired, MagSi-DNA mf beads can also serve as a platform for various surface modifications, like activation (COOH, NH2 etc.), or by coupling (proteins, antibodies etc.).
- Ferrimagnetic core with silica shell
- Small bead diameter, providing a large active silica surface
- High yields and good nucleic acids quality
- Instant collection of ferrimagnetic beads even in a weak magnetic field
- Low magnetic remanance allowing easy resuspension
- Very well suited for typical applications such as multiplex qPCR, LAMP etc.
- Compatible with drying/reconstitution cycles for stable storage
- Easy to automate on liquid handling workstations (e.g. Hamilton STARline, Tecan EVO, KingFisher)
More information here: MagSi-DNA mf / mf COOH leaflet
|MD0200010002||MagSi-DNA mf||2 ml|
|MD0200010010||MagSi-DNA mf||10 ml|
|MD0200040002||MagSi-DNA mf COOH||2 ml|
|MD0200040010||MagSi-DNA mf COOH||10 ml|
|MD0200040100||MagSi-DNA mf COOH||100ml|